Saturday, February 9, 2013

Baked Tilapia with Garlic and Dill



I'm not a big fan of fish - especially fishy tasting fish, but I recognize the health benefits and try to have it once or twice a week. My repertoire is limited - salmon, trout, pickerel and now tilapia!
Tilapia is a very mild, white fleshed fish. If you are not a fish lover, try this one!

 I chose to create a garlic dill topping and baked the tilapia in a 450° oven. This was easy to prepare and resulted in a tasty dish that I definitely will make again.
I would have preferred to use fresh dill but I was unable to buy any this week in the places that normally carry it. So I had to rely on frozen.  This recipe made enough sauce for 3 pieces of fish. Double for more or if you like a lot of sauce,

Garlic & Dill Topping for Tilapia

1 clove of crushed garlic
1  heaping tablespoon finely chopped  fresh or frozen dill

(Grind with a  mortar and pestle if you have)


Add 1-2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
Juice of 1/2 small lime
Pinch of salt (optional)

Mix together and spread on tilapia which has been rinsed and dried. I put it into pan lined with foil and sprayed with vegetable spray,



Bake at 450° for about 20 min. My tilapia had thick and thin parts, so I needed this much time for the thickest parts to cook thoroughly.

The topping kept the fish moist as it baked, and it resulted in a very tasty meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment