Sunday, November 29, 2009

Getting Started

So how does one begin a blog? What motivates a person to blog?
I have to admit that I am the last one in my family to get involved in this social networking business - and I don't want to be left behind.
And what to blog about? Well - my life is not overly exciting. I work. I come home. I prepare meals. I feed my cats. I avoid housework. I go to Weightwatchers weekly trying to shed those nasty pounds that have snuck onto my body over the last 15 years. An ordinary life - but a good one.

What do I have to say that is worth sharing?

Well - a couple things. I've been attending Weightwatchers now for 14 weeks, and I am down 21.4 pounds, which I think is wonderful. I've lost my extra chins and my boobs now stick out more than my stomach did. This is good. I can now shop in the regular petites section of a department store. (Yes I'm overweight and undertall.)

And my husband's doctor has read him the riot act about diabetes control, so that's a new challenge we are facing. So I'm happy to start sharing my trials and tribulatons in coming up with interesting and palateable meals that address our issues.

So that's what I hope to do - and in the process to learn bout blogging and find out why it's such a popular phenomenon.

Happily Losin' It!

No comments:

Post a Comment